Saturday, January 28, 2012

"First Comes Love..."


I knew there was something going on when Daniel called me for no particular
reason...seemingly, just to chit chat that midday. It wasn't like him. Then, after a few pleasantries ..."That's not really why I called, Mom, there's something else I want to tell you..." "Yeah?, what?" ( my heart began pounding) "We're having a baby!" (now my heart leaped in my chest!).
Daniel and Teagan

 I don't remember my verbal response but I'll never forget my physical and emotional ones!  My heart raced, my face flushed, my voice quavered, my body shook...all for pure JOY! I was in a restaurant and it was all I could do to keep from making a public announcement! I called Jeff, we rejoiced! I called my sister, my sister in law, my friends!  Everywhere I went that day there seemed to be some appropriate time to mention to absolute strangers that... I have my first grand-baby on the way!!!
Baby's first photo 
Our little one is due July 16th  and we are already head over heels in love!  I realized something the other night, lying awake thinking and praying for my children:  that not only are Daniel and Teagan going to have a baby, for this is their baby, but that I am going to have a grandchild and I will be that little person's Grandma! This will be an all new relationship for me and I cannot wait to experience it!

Proverbs 17: 6   
Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children.

Psalm 27:3  Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment