Friday, October 5, 2012

Recipes and a Recipe


I love recipes! We used to get all of our recipes from cookbooks or friends but, that was before the internet. I have a huge recipe box and going through it is a trip down memory lane. Even if I seldom use a recipe, I'll keep it there as a memento from a friend and a place and a time gone by.
Recipes, especially the handwritten ones are a part of a friend, shared. I like to go through them and think of my friends and family; lifting them up in prayer.
I always rename the recipes I get from my friends that get used again and again and have accumulated quite a collection:
Beth's Cream Cheese Brownies
Lucie's Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Pie
Joni's Cookies
Eve's Granola
Christi's Bars
Rhoda's Dinner Rolls
Wendy's Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Mom's Taco Salad (there are many 'Mom" titles)
Grandma Chaney's Potato Salad (that's a variation on the 'Mom" catagory)

This one is a huge hit with my hubby and kids...

Christi's Bars


2 c.almond flour (grind raw almonds in blender)
1/3 c. agave syrup
1/3(+) grapeseed oil or olive oil
1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. baking soda 
Mix those first 6 ingredients well and then add:
1/2  c. raw sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raw cashews or walnuts or peanuts
1/2 c. raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 c. raisins or dried cranberries
2 T. sesame seeds
Mix by hand press hard and even into 9 x 13 pan
Bake @ 325' for 20 mins or until lightly browned.
Cut when cool. Don't over bake.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment